BUSY MUM OF 5

I HAVE A BUSY LIFE AND IT MAY NOT SUIT EVERYONE, BUT IT IS OUR LIFE AND NOW YOU CAN SHARE IT

Sunday 7 February 2010

Tea Parties


I saw a TV programme one day, about a lady who didn't have any daughters holding Tea parties for girls in her area, this set me thinking. I do have daughters 3 of them, and 2 of them would adore this idea.

So i carefully planted the seed, in their head and Hey Presto we are on our first Tea party had been organised.

My middle daughter had chosen her friend (it was her turn)and i needed no excuse to indulge in this event.

I collected the girls from school, and whilst they giggled upstairs, getting changed into their after school attire, I laid the table,which was met by gasps of excitement when they came into the room.

I had made lots of cupcakes and butterfly cakes, I had set out the China Teapot and cups and saucers , and filled the teapot with squash,the girls all sat around the table and quietly chatted whilst in the background, my eldest daughter had chosen to play Micheal Buble , on the Cd.I did on this occasion also make warm food in the shape of mini fish and chips, but i have since rectified that.

On Thursday,Daughter 1 had her chosen friend around and i laid on an assortment of sandwiches and the obligatory cakes and squash. I have also shortened the visit, so that this does not turn into a lets now go trash the house affair, and it stays serene.

I have previously mentioned this idea on Twitter and lovely lady @wendymal has also taken to the idea.. I, for one, cannot think of a nicer way to bring our Little girls back into civilisation and indulge them in this time aged tradition.

Of course they need to be multi-talented and non- dependant by the time they are ready to fly the nest, but for now they are little girls .....my little girls.

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea, think I will have a go at doing that for Grace after the half term xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I sawthat programme too and alhough Annalsie is only 2 we may just have to indulge also. Lots ocake tea (for me) and juice . HEAVENLY idea. we cacan rectify that she also needs to be a s tough as a boot later. Thansk you (did you get dressed up?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try this with my little ones once they are old enough! In fact I like the idea so much I seriously thought of turning into a job last year (here's how I nearly did it...http://businessplusbaby.com/2009/07/13/business-ideas-for-mums-childrens-parties/).

    ReplyDelete